This property was located on the Quinapoxet River, beyond Unionville, towards West Boylston, and was known as the
L. M. Harris Manufacturing Company from 1870 until it was taken by the Metropolitan Water Commission in 1899.
At that time the value of the property including shoddy mill, store house and water power was $5,500.
Source: Florence Newell Prouty, History of the Town of Holden, Massachusetts,
16671941 (Holden, Mass.: 200th Anniversary Committee for the Town of Holden, 1941), 166.